The Outreach Team plans and delivers services from our congregation’s doorsteps to the ends of the earth, as Christ would have us do. The goal of Outreach is just that: to reach out to God’s children here in our own community and around the world. This arm of the church provides for both immediate and long-term needs by funding projects that attend to tangible, as well as spiritual, essentials.
Among the local organizations that receive support through Outreach funds: Common Place, Eureka Food Pantry, Heart House, Maple Lawn, Boy Scouts, Heartline, Lifeline, and Eureka College. The team also conducts special offerings for Disciples Mission Fund, a critical program that links Disciples congregations and allows them to share their resources and the good news of Jesus Christ with neighbors near and far.
Special offerings include:
- Week of Compassion—Allows Disciples to pool their resources and brings real relief to countries and communities that are suffering.
- Easter—Sustains Disciples general units, whose work translates our gifts into mission and ministry that changes lives here in Eureka and throughout the world.
- Pentecost—Supports new Disciples faith communities, helping young congregations with all aspects related to the beginning of their life cycle.
- Thanksgiving—Benefits the colleges, universities, and theological institutions that receive funding from Disciples of Christ (including Eureka College).
- Christmas—Assists our Illinois-Wisconsin regional ministry team, helping them provide support to the ECC congregation and others in the region.
- Other special offerings may be conducted on an as-needed basis to aid immediate humanitarian efforts.
Outreach Team meets the first Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. If you’re interested in learning more about this team and its mission of service, the ECC office at 467-2369, email@example.com.